I have been so excited in preparing this post, as it addresses the very first award I’ve received as a blogger–the Sunshine blogger award! I can’t explain how excited I was when I got the email from Kavita, a fellow blogger from Bumpinmum, a blog that centers around the joys of motherhood. I know any woman out there would love checking out her posts! Kavita, thanks so much for seeing potential in my blog and nominating me for this award.
About the Award
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
1.Why did you start blogging?
I began blogging because I have always loved to write, do art, and share my many ideas with people, and I thought it would be an awesome opportunity to do something I love; possibly make it my career someday! It has been an awesome experience so far, if challenging.
2. Are you a full-time blogger?
No, I am part-time as of now. As a working senior in high school, I simply don’t have the time to go into full-time blogging. But my hope is that I will be able to do that someday, possibly after college!
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I have always wanted to visit New Zealand. Mountains, ocean, and city–all within miles of each other! What could be better?
4. Who are your favorite new bloggers we should check out?
Katie Grace is a blogger I have fallen in love with over the past few months. She is just about my age, and her writing style is funny and engaging! I always love to read her posts. You can find her at awritersfaith.blogspot.com
5. What are your social media accounts?
Here are the main ones that I use 🙂 You can also find me on Bloglovin’.
Pinterest: Enchased Thought
6. What advice do you want to give new bloggers?
Considering that I am a new blogger myself, I can’t say I have learned all the tricks of the trade! But I would say that you should be real with yourself in diving into this “hobby” (for it really does become more than a hobby!) Blogging is hard work, but you learn a whole lot about marketing and writing, and meet a lot of cool people in the process! Just be honest with yourself in considering if you can handle it or not.
7. Is sunshine blogger award your first award?
Yes!! It’s so exciting! Especially since I have only been blogging for a few months.
8. What five things you want to change in yourself?
Wow, that’s digging pretty deep! Though I have insecurities (of course), I have really been blessed in learning how to accept who I am in Christ. He has guided me and molded me, so I no longer have to beat up myself over my mistakes and flaws. I know He holds them, and still loves me. Still, there are some things I would like to change if I could.
- Different colored eyes–I have deep brown eyes, and as an artist, I love to gaze into green or blue eyes because of all the detail that you can see! But brown eyes are beautiful too, they hold a lot of mystery.
- More organized–I am soooo messy! And I actually enjoy the “organized mess.” But I know my future husband won’t!
- Less emotional–I literally cry at the dumbest things ever. Movies? Yes. Books? For sure. Also more serious things, like when a friend is hurting. I think I become more emotional about a situation like that then they are.
- Less impulsive–Ambition is a strength, but not when ideas are executed rapidly without a thought to their consequences. My independence + impulsivity has lead to a lot of mistakes (and a lot of jabs from my family. They make fun of me all the time, haha)!
- More passionate about fitness–I am one of those people that get super excited about fitness for about two weeks, then realize that all the joy in the world can be found in COOKING and BAKING! But still. I’d rather make exercise a habit before I get older.
9. What’s the favorite book you read most of the time?
Well, I have about a billion favorite books, but I’d have to say the most recent book I read that really touched me was the classic My Antonia. It’s actually on my list of 15 Must-Reads for Bookworms, along with more of my favorites!
10. If money was no object, what gift would you want for your next birthday?
I would just really, really like to have my college tuition paid for. That’s all I care about at the moment! Still gotta figure out where I’m going thought!
11. Do you have a hobby? (Besides blogging, if this is a hobby.) If so, what?
I have TONS of hobbies! Most of them are phases. Obviously I do creative writing and art, but I also love to bake and come up with my own recipes. I love to do baking competitions with my siblings on any Saturday morning–no recipes allowed! I also play soccer, previously on a team but I had to quit because of work. Now I am much lazier, haha. But I still enjoy a game of pick-up soccer in the streets!
Now I am happy to announce the 11 bloggers I have nominated for this award!
And the Questions are…
- What is the toughest part about blogging for you?
- What is the most enjoyable part?
- Is there something that always keeps you going during tough times?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- Besides blogging, what else do you enjoy?
- Would you rather fly or sail somewhere? Why?
- Who do you most admire, and why?
- Are you an Apple or an Android person?
- What inspires you?
- Is this your first blogging award?
And that just about wraps it up! I’ve been so privileged to receive this award and I believe that the bloggers I have nominated truly deserve it!
Thanks for reading 🙂